When I came back from Japan a few weeks ago I brought cooking grade Matcha with me. Today I made my Matcha salad dressing for the second time and refined it here and there. The best way to mix everything together is in a small food processor like you most of the times get included when you buy a hand blender. The Matcha salad dressing turned out perfectly. However, if you prefer it to be not as thick as mine just add a little water.
- 2 tsp Matcha (cooking grade)
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ avocado
- 1 lime
- 5 sprigs of basil
- 5 tbsp of Greek-style Yogurt
- 7 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black peper
- Get your small food processor out or use a hand blender with a plastic beaker. Cut the avocado in half and clean it. Cut into pieces. Put the avocado in the processor. Add the sprigs of basil, yoghurt, honey, oil, and water. Turn on the food processor and let it run until the Matcha salad dressing is nice and smooth.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze some lime juice into the dressing. Add a little of salt and pepper and the Matcha, mix into the dressing with a teaspoon. If you don’t it will fly right into the lid of the food processor when you turn it on. At least that happend to me. Mix in using the food processor.
- Try the dressing, add extra freshly ground black pepper, salt and lime juice to taste. Like I said before; if you find the dressing to thick, just add a little water.
Done! Enjoy your homemade Matcha salad dressing.